Sunday, November 13, 2011

Chapter 10: The Crux of the Matter

The Crux of the Matter

What does everything in this book mean for me?
Through this book we have talked about:
·         Remembering who we are talking to when we pray and taking a very reverent approach when talking to such a mighty God.
·         Our time could be anytime.  You never know when you are taking your last breath.  Make sure you know where you stand personally with God.
·         How we often consider those who show “Crazy Love” for God “Radicals”.  Even though God does NOT need us He WANTS us desperately.
·         Profiles of the Lukewarm – OUCH!
·         Serving leftovers to a Holy God.  If indeed God is as mighty and powerful as we say he is then why is it so difficult to put Him 1st in our lives.
·         What it looks like to be totally in love with God.
·         Praying to the same God who answered Moses’ prayer for water in the desert, the God who gave Abraham and Sarah a child very late in life and the God who made the slave Joseph second in power only to Pharaoh.  How God doesn’t call us to be comfortable.  He calls us to trust Him so completely that we are unafraid to put ourselves in situations where we will be in trouble if he doesn’t come through.
·         How if we are truly obsessed with God then this earthly life is not quite as important than preparing ourselves for our eternity.
·         Examples of people throughout the not only the Bible but also in the last several years that have and are currently really living for Christ.

When Peter was preaching to the people he said in Acts 2:36-37, So let it be clearly known by everyone in Israel that God has made this Jesus whom you crucified to be both Lord and Messiah!  Peter’s words convicted them deeply, and they said to him and to the other apostles, “Brothers, what should we do?”
·         The first church responded with immediate action: repentance, baptism, selling possessions, sharing the gospel.
·         How often our responses are words like; Amen, Convicting Sermon, Great Book and then freeze up and show no action in responding to what God is calling us to do in our lives?
·         Philippians 2:12 pg 1387

Francis says on the top of pg 166 Read
“Is this the most loving way to do life?  Am I loving my neighbor and my god by living where I live, by driving what I drive, by talking how I talk?  I urge you to strongly consider and actually live as though each person you come into contact with is Christ.”

Is everyone here called to be a missionary, pastor or music leader?  Is everyone here called to build orphanages?  Is everyone here called to sell everything they have and leave there families behind to go to a foreign land?
I don’t think that is the case.  Everyone is unique and uniquely called to do something different.  Francis says on page 168, “What I can say is that you must learn to listen to and obey God, especially in a society where it’s easy and expected to do what is most comfortable.”
·         The point is that if you are called to do any of the above or anything else not listed you should have the faith to act on that calling without hesitation.
The Bible is very clear that we will stand before our creator on day and account for our lives:
·         2 Corinthians 5:10 pg173 book
·         Jeremiah 32:18-19 pg174 book
·         Romans 14:10-12 pg174 book
How will you answer when He says, “What did you do with what I gave you?”
“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.  Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing.”  2 Timothy 4:7-8

Is This What I Want to Be Doing When Christ Comes Back?

Click here for the chapter 10 video.


No comments:

Post a Comment